چند روز پیش داشتم کتاب
Essential Facebook Development
By: John Maver and Cappy Popp
رو میخوندم. همون ابتدای کتاب نکات و اطلاعات آماری جالبی در مورد فیسبوک، که واقعا باید از اون بعنوان یک اکوسیستم یاد کرد، داده بود. به نظرم برخی از این نکات خیلی جای تأمل داره.
- More than 250 million active users.
- More than two-thirds of Facebook users are outside of college.
- The fastest growing demographic is people 35 years and older.
- An average user has 120 friends on the site.
- More than 5 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day.
- More than 30 million users update their statuses at least once a day.
- More than 8 million users become Fans of Facebook pages each day.
- More than 900 million photos are uploaded to the site each month.
- More than 10 million videos are uploaded each month.
- More than 1 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, and so on) are shared each week.
- More than 2.5 million events are created each month.
- More than 45 million active user groups exist on the site.
- More than 50 translations are available on the site, with more than 50 in development.
- More than 70 percent of Facebook users are located outside the United States.
- More than 1,000,000 developers and entrepreneurs from more than 180 countries.
- More than 350,000 applications are currently available from the Facebook Application Directory.
- More than 5,000 applications have more than 10,000 or more monthly active users.
- Every month, more than 70 percent of Facebook users engage with Platform applications.
چند نکته در مورد زیرساخت و پلتفرم فیسبوک
- According to Facebook, it is the second most-trafficked PHP-based website in the world, one of the largest users of the MySQL database, and the largest user of memcached, which is a high-performance caching system.
- Facebook uses multicore Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers. Facebook last reported that it has 10,000 web servers, 1,800 MySQL servers, and 805 memcached servers.
- Currently, it does not use a storage area network (SAN); instead, it relies on a large number of hard drives in RAID 10 configuration.
- The servers supply over 28 terabytes (TB) of memory and process 200,000 User Datagram Protocol (UDP) requests per second.This is based on Facebook’s customization of its server software, improving significantly on the 50,000 requests per second offered by the stock versions.
- Facebook uses a customized Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) stack.